The rotary indexing table has been used in automated process for many decades. Rotary indexers are utilized in automation to provide high accuracy and repeatable positioning to present a part at various stations to perform a specific process. Up until a decade ago it was most common to implement a fixed cam rotary indexer. A fixed cam rotary indexing table has an internal cam and cam follower mechanism that is manufactured to a customer’s specification of how many stops they require to have for their application. When talking about number of stops on a fixed rotary indexing table application, we are referring to the how many times the output dial will go into a mechanical dwell in a 360-degree rotation. For example, a 4-stop rotary indexer will go into the mechanical dwell every 90 degrees a 3-stop rotary indexer will go into the mechanical dwell every 120 degrees.
Motion index Drives fixed RTX Rotary Indexing Tables are suitable for any application that is going to have a set number of stations or positions and the process of the cell is always going to index.
The RTX indexing table is often used in the assembly technology, the testing technology, the welding technology, the printing, the pressing, the automotive industry, the microelectronics, the food industry, the medical and the cosmetic industry.
Features and user benefits
- Reliable, robust drum cam roundtable
for all applications
- Construction diameter 100mm – 285mm
- Fixed divisions 2 – 96 or flexible
through NC technology
- Switching times of 0.16s – 5s
- Gentle starting and stopping across
the switching cam
- Large, vertically hollow shaft
- Ideal for high loads
- Standard accuracy 15" – 35"
- Four-point mounting at the outer diameter
of the output flange
- Maintenance free through oil bath lubrication
- Stop operation, continuous operation or
reversing design possible
- All installation positions possible
View our Guide to learn more about Motion Index Drives Rotary Indexing Tables.