Motion Index Drives infinitely programmable TR Series Headstock/Tailstock trunnion set is an alternative to the extremely high precision and zero backlash TMF and RT series trunnion indexing systems.
The TR Series offers a lower cost alternative to applications that require such high standards. Offered in complete head and tail stock standard sets, you have the option to purchase a complete trunnion solution from Motion Index Drives that includes heavy duty constructed base frame, HS/TS riser bases, and fixture backbones.
The low backlash gear heads rotate tooling on a horizontal axis at less than 1 arc minute and are capable of mounting any servo motor or ac motor with encoder. It is equipped with a large thru hole making it capable of running customer required utilities such as pneumatic, hydraulic or electric. The heavy duty welded steel construction has self-aligning sealed tailstock bearings and custom mounting plates per customer requirements.
To learn more about Welding Positioners, visit our guide here.
- Special hole patterns in mounting plates on headstock and tailstock
- Clockwise, counter-clockwise and oscillating index modes of operation
- Can be ordered as complete assembly with head stock, tail stock and base frame
- Different gear ratios
- Customer supplied servo motors – Motion Index Drives to mount
- Mechanical homing devices
- Safety locking devices to be used during maintenance and tooling / fixture assembly
- Variety of encoder or positioning devices
HeadStock / TailStock
Slip Rings / Rotary Air Unions
Micarta Isolation Cap
The TR series is ideal for rollover applications in the aerospace, automotive, defense, construction and mining equipment, alternative energy and railroad transportation manufacturing environments. The TR Series was manufactured to be suited for laser, spot, mig and tig welding applications.
Incorporating the TR series into your weld cells can be relatively easy by indicating what robot manufacturer you are implementing and the TR Trunnion can be adapted to accept virtually every robot brand.
For more information or options available for the headstock/tailstock trunnion set please take a look at our brochure.